Late 30s Early 40s Vintage Black Cotton Floral Plus Size Dressing Gown Robe Details:
- a true plus size dressing gown robe that buttons down front to approximately the knee
- black main fabric with flowers in white, blue, pink and green
- dress made on sewing machine
- features angled low pockets and a hip an back peplum to accentuate curves
- lightly gathered bodice at waist
- could have been for a servant or for house wear, may have had detachable collar and cuffs originally
- worn little it appears
- cuffed buttoned is for a small wrist so button lengthener could be added for comfort
- slightly puffed sleeve similar to that in late 30s, early 40s specifically
- dress form measurements in images 43" bust, 40" waist, 52" hips
- best for approximately a modern size 16 or 18 but please base purchase off of actual measurements
Condition: very good
- gown was unfinished when i obtained it so i added button holes and antique or vintage glass buttons
- some button holes frayed when opened, one mend to one button hole area shown in image, a few small holes on button placket shown in image
- made by a home seamstress, one small hole on a front pocket
- has not been cleaned but no odors
Measurements: taken with garment lying flat and some measurements doubled when needed
Bust - 46"
Waist - 40"
Shoulders - 16"
Hips - 56"
Bicep - 16"
Shoulder to Waist - 16.5"
Length - 55"
Skirt Sweep - 90"
Sleeve cuff buttoned - 6.5"
- no labels as was made by a home seamstress
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Follow me on social media for previews, new items and promotions that only happen there.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Layaway unavailable for first 30 days an item is newly listed. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!