Shop Policy on Returns, Exchanges, Refunds and Order Cancelations
I accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations under certain conditions (EU buyers see EU buyer policy):
- Contact me within 3 days of delivery
- Ship items back within 7 days of delivery
- Request a cancellation within 2 hours of purchase.
Returns and exchange details
- lingerie (nightgowns, pajamas, robes, socks, stockings, slips, corsets, girdles, garter belts, nightshirts, etc)
Return Policy and Procedure:
- contact shop within 3 days of delivery detailing reason for return and request for return label
- print and attach label to package securely but do not tape over bar codes
- return in original packaging if possible to keep packaging at a similar weight and size
- item must be postmarked at the post office within 7 days of receiving original delivery
- returned items MUST be in original condition as described in product description when received and fully free of pet hair, deodorant and odors in order for a refund to be processed
- refunds are processed within 2 business days of shop receiving package
How much will I be refunded?
- refund amount equals the original item price (less sales tax) minus 15% restocking fee (covers fees, packaging material and time) less shipping cost shop incurred TO and FROM buyer
- PLEASE ask how much shipping costs would be deducted PRIOR to returning. Shipping can be quite expensive and should be factored into deciding on returning an item or not Example Refund Breakdown $40.00 (Original item price less sales tax if applicable) - $6.00 (15% restocking fee off $40) - $12.00 (shipping to and from buyer for small package less than 1 pound ($6 each way)) $22.00 = total refund to buyer
Do you take returns if I miss the 3 day return request window?
- Yes - I am happy to take returns outside of the return period for a refund of 50% of the original item price less shipping cost shop incurred To and FROM buyer
- same conditions under returned items policy applies item condition upon receipt and refund processing time frame
Can I exchange an item?
- yes. The value for exchange is calculated as the original purchase price less a 15% restocking fee less shipping costs incurred by shop to and from buyer as well as any shipping cost to ship new item to buyer.
EU Buyer Policy:
- same regular shop policy for returns, exchanges, cancellations but in order to comply with EU's Distance Selling Rules and Regulations the following time frame is applicable to EU buyers only: buyer has 14 days from time of delivery to contact shop to start a return and 21 days to have item postmarked and shipped from the day the item was originally delivered to buyer
Layaway Policy and Terms:
- available for individual items costing $125 or more
- contact us requesting a layaway order for the item
- first payment due immediately - 50% of original item cost
- 2nd payment due within 14 days of initial layaway contact request
- if 2nd payment is not received within 14 days after the initial payment, buyer forfeits 1st payment which is nonrefundable and item will be placed in shop for sale 50% plus shipping and taxes are due upon purchase and remaining 50% is due 14 days after the initial purchase. If the 2nd payment is not received within 14 days after the initial payment, the first payment is nonrefundable.
For the Love of MCM Vintage's Effort Towards Sustainability:
- Our shop has a focus on sustainability and minimizing our carbon footprint by offering vintage, reusing packing material and shipping boxes when possible.
- Some items ship in EcoEnclose plastic bags which have 2 strips of adhesive so the bag when opened gently along the dotted lines can be reused to ship a similar sized item in. These bags are made with 100% recycled content and 50% post consumer content and can be recycled in thin film plastic bins. They are made in the USA.
- Items when possible are wrapped in brown kraft paper tied with cotton twine and dried lavender in domestic US shipments. Please add a note if you do not wish for the item to be Kraft paper tied. The paper is recyclable.
- We encourage reuse of our plastic bags, cardboard boxes and other packing material.
- Please keep children away from string and plastic bags.
- To prevent damage from elements in shipping we do utilize a plastic product as an added safeguard to ensure your item arrives to you just as it left the shop.
- When possible we use items given to us to further prevent unnecessary waste.
- Items ship USPS first class package for items under 1 pound and usually Priority for items over 1 pound for Domestic US buyers
- Buyers have option to upgrade shipping at buyers expense
- If an item comes back marked as unclaimed for any reason, we are not responsible for any shipping fees to get the item to the buyer again. The item will be relisted in the shop without refund unless the buyer contacts us asking for the item to be reshipped at the buyer’s expense.
Damaged Package Policy:
- If your package is damaged upon arrival do not open it until you have taken pictures from all angles including a picture of the full package in view.
- Once images are taken, open package gently to determine if the item is damaged.
- Take picture of open package and content undisturbed prior to removing item
- Remove item from package gently with care to determine if the item is damaged being careful with items that could be broken with sharp edges.
- If item is damaged, take images from all angles to show damage and also a picture where the entire item is clearly in view.
- Please contact us immediately with the photos and details of damage to package and item so we can start the claims process.
- I will send a return label so you can ship the item back to me and the claims process can begin
- Refunds will be issued after the item is received back to the shop after inspection.
- Detailed images and description of damage is necessary and important as we are a micro business unable to absorb costs in comparison to a large online retailer.
- We do not arrange shipping for furniture pieces unless noted in item description. We can work with any shipper you choose for the furniture pieces we don't arrange shipping for.
- For obtaining a shipping quote, use the pickup address 112 North 3rd St., Ironton, OH, 45638. The weight and dimensions will be listed in the item description.
- UShip can be used to gather a shipping quote. We are not affiliated or linked at all with UShip and receive no compensation for making this suggestion and are not held liable for the service provided by UShip or any other shipping company.
- FortheLoveofMCM LLC does not share buyer contact info with anyone and keeps addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc. fully private.