Antique Early 1900s Quarter Sawn Oak Ladder Back Chair Details:
- this chair has been reglued in multiple locations so please read condition description
- quarter sawn oak ladder back chair from late 1800s into the early 1900s
- turned spindles
- solid quarter sawn oak
- gently curved legs for beautiful lines
- 7 spindles that connect between legs with the center bottom spindles featuring a center peak
- side spindles heavier at front and delicately taper to back
- no exact match but does have a sister chair that has the same base with an art nouveau shaped back available separately for purchase
- this will ship UPS ground
- would be best for a decorative piece due to the delicate nature of the chair
- last image shows sister chair available separately
- seat is multiple slats of oak that have been reglued together on one full seam (see image). It holds my weight with no issue but i would not use it regularly unless otherwise secured so calling it fragile
- back top side had a split that was reglued (please see top edge image)
- some alligatoring to outer finish with some missing on back of seat base and very top where hands pulled chair in and out long ago
- small scuffs and discolorations but all minor and do not detract from overall look
- Overall gorgeous in person but be sure to ask for more images or more details if any questions
Overall Height - 39.5"
Seat Width - 16"
Seat Height - 17.75"
Seat Depth - 15.25"
Back Width - 14.5" at top widest point
Shipping: Shipping is included in price and will ship via UPS Ground but local pickup is also available. Please ask for price if picking up locally as it will be cheaper.
Returns: I do not accept returns on furniture. All sales are final so please make sure to ask for any additional details if needed.