Antique Early 1900s Quarter Sawn Oak Art Nouveau Chair Details:
- delicate organic art nouveau form take on the lyre harp back chair design
- quarter sawn oak from late 1800s into the early 1900s
- turned spindles
- shaped seat bottom for comfort
- gently curved legs for beautiful lines
- 7 spindles that connect between legs with the center bottom spindles featuring a center peak
- side spindles heavier at front and delicately taper to back
- no exact match but does have a sister chair that has the same base with an art nouveau shaped back available separately for purchase
- this will ship UPS ground
- would be best for a decorative piece due to the delicate nature of the chair
- last image shows sister chair available separately
- this chair is delicate due to it's shape and age but I have sat on it many times with the glue upholding to the chair seat base but would suggest it be used for more decorative purposes unless secured.
- partially stripped many decades ago if not over 100 years ago. Because of this I did use Howards Restore a Finish to even out the color as some areas were much lighter than the rest that has an extremely dark original patina
- was a slight split in the original seat bottom so it has had wood glue added to secure it. There is an area of the top back where it was quite rough so wood glue was added to avoid it snagging and ripping chair wood
- top corner of chair had small split so has been secured with wood glue as well
- small scuffs and discolorations but all minor and do not detract from overall look
- Overall gorgeous in person but be sure to ask for more images or more details if any questions
Overall Height - 39.75"
Seat Width - 16"
Seat Height - 18"
Seat Depth - 15.25"
Back Width - 14.5" at top widest point
Shipping: Shipping is included in price and will ship via UPS Ground but local pickup is also available. Please ask for price if picking up locally as it will be cheaper.
Returns: I do not accept returns on furniture. All sales are final so please make sure to ask for any additional details if needed.