Late 30s Early 40s Small Red Leather Vintage Coat Details:
- the real deal rare beauty in oxblood red with butterscotch buttons that may be Bakelite
- double front yoke and center back yoke under shoulders
- fully lined with plaid flannel (i think cotton) and a synthetic sleeve lining (possibly acetate)
- V point box pleat patch pockets over hips
- original belt with two back belt loops
- padded shoulders
- leather is supple
- best for a size XS or small (32" or 34" bust) as a coat should have 6 additional inches in for garments and movement at waistline but please base purchase off of actual measurements to ensure a good fit. Where this is a jacket, 4" additional might suffice
Condition: Very Good
- multiple small holes in lining along with threadbare spots at the top shoulder area pointed to in images
- back of collar was resewn where original cotton thread had failed and some ghost seams can be seen where collar meets back shoulders that is hidden by collar being turned down
- both front pockets have been resewn as they had partially come off
- to get into the the pockets and collar, the bottom lining was opened and resewn to close
- leather is in very good condition with one small scratch to front chest and slight flaking to back top of collar where it folds over
- when I was repairing this there was glue that had gotten stiff in the collar so when you move it around you can hear it
- inner sleeve lining near cuff is stained with multiple mends shown in images
- buttons have small amount of red polish marks leftover from a previous owner having polished with a red polish
- definitely lots of life left to this one if you continue to care for the leather
Measurements: taken flat and doubled when necessary on outside of coat
Bust - 38" (tight)
Waist - 34" (should be a small measurement and pulled in with belt
Hips - 42"
Shoulders - 16"
Shoulder to waist - 17"
Bicep - 16"
Length - 27.25"
Sleeve - 22.75"
Brand/Tag: no labels left
- genuine leather, buttons (they do not test as Bakelite so may be another material but feel just like it)
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Follow me on social media for previews, new items and promotions that only happen there.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!