50s Vintage Charcoal and Black Check Wool 40R Overcoat Details:
- charcoal gray and black check pattern in a wool
- large lined angled slit pockets that open to the inside of coat as well for access to pants pockets and suit pockets
- notched lapel
- partially lined in a rayon satin
- inner upper slit chest pocket
- tab button cuff detail
- petal tab back lining along with changing red/black satin partial lining
- chest measures 45" with upper button closed at underarm seam to seam so best fit for a 39 or 40 R but please base purchase off of actual measurements compared to a similar garment that fits you well
- one small darn at the front bottom of the coat pointed to in image
- has not been cleaned but no odors to note
- in images it looks like something possibly on the front chest with one tiny break in wool. It is so difficult to see in person. Where this hasn't been cleaned, it likely would come out with a clean.
Chest - 45"
Shoulders - 18"
Length - 43.5"
Sleeve - 25"
Waist - 46"
Hip - 48"
Bicep - 19"
- Brand label missing but sold at Peskind's in Belleville, Illinois
- Amalgamated Union label that places this in the 50s up to very early 60s
- three front center buttons topped with smaller under collar button
- wool and rayon satin lining