50s Black Polka Dots Princess Cut Wool Large Coat Details:
- princess seams for a very full skirt and bloused bodice
- huge barrel sleeves that really are crazy fabulous in person
- side seam slit pockets on each side
- large velvet polka dots that get larger
- waist darts
- shiny black fur wool blend with long fibers that are shiny
- Lilli Ann advertisement from 1956 shows a similar coat but with a tuxedo collar
- ask for additional images or images larger please
- best for a larger size medium or smaller large but please base purchase off of actual measurements to ensure a good fit as coats are meant to have a couple inches of room for movement
- coat has been smoked around at some point and then at some point sprayed with maybe Fabreeze (I have not attempted to clean this so will leave it up to the new owner)
- missing top button, other buttons have little dings
- various fading to lining and a couple spots of discoloration at hemline
- there were multiple moth nibbles that have been felted over with black wool. This is shown in images but lighted to show it and much much less visible in person
- some small moth nibbles at shoulder line but not fully through along with multiple small nibbles not fully through thick fabric throughout
- black velvet polka dots had come off in certain places so were sewn back on with period mercerized cotton thread (see images) and can slightly see velvet appliqué lining
- missing label at top of lining from the store this was sold at
- wearable as is but I would attempt to have it cleaned somewhere just because of the floral/faint smoke smell
Measurements: taken flat and doubled when necessary
Bust - 42"
Waist - 32"
Hips - open due to amount of skirt fabric
Shoulders - raglan cut sleeve so no direct measurement
Length - 48"
Sweep - 148
Sleeve - 27" edge of cuff to seam under collar
- Lilli Ann of San Francisco label on inner side of coat
- synthetic lining, 100% wool/fur blend main body, unknown fabric for velvet but likely rayon based on look
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Follow me on social media for previews, new items and promotions that only happen there.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Layaway unavailable in first 30 days of a listing. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!