40s Vintage Maroon Red Velvet Gold Soutache Beaded XS - Small Hostess Gown Maxi Dress Details:
- full length maroon red maxi dress
- gold metallic soutache appliqué trimmed with blue glass beads
- meant to blouse in with belt so waist should be smaller than actual measurements
- strong shoulders with shoulder pads and puffed pleats
- 9 velvet buttons topped with snap button above and at waistline as well as 3 below waist
- gathering at the waist above where knees are for ease of movement
- made of a rayon velvet
- no brand but paper tag on lower inner seam with order number
- best for a XS or small but please base purchase off of actual measurements
Condition: very good
- this has had many repairs so please read full desciption and look at all pictures
- 4 areas where buttons and snaps have pulled holes in fabric behind it so those were patched in to reinforce the fabric (not super visible as most hidden behind buttons or front placket) top two buttons, inner waist snap, 1st or 2nd snap down (shown in images)
- all buttons were remade with selvedge fabric from inside front bodice placket
- one small hole in top shoulder shown in image
- underarms have been resewn multiple times but seem secure now
- has not been cleaned but nothing to note
Measurements: taken flat and doubled when needed
Bust - 37" (meant to be loose fitting)
Waist - 28" but meant to draw in with belt
Length - 55"
Shoulders - 15.5"
Sleeve - 24"
Shoulder to Waist - 17.5"
Sweep - 74"
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.