40s Vintage Medium Chartreuse Green Sequin Short Swing Evening Jacket Details:
- Very late 30s into early 40s short swing jacket made of wool with an acetate lining
- fully open front with no closure
- puff tailored shoulders with shoulder pads
- bright yellow lining
- angled front slit pockets
- metal soutache design lined with gold sequins and green faceted faux stones featuring leaves and vines
- a lighter weight coat as lining is not lined and it is a thin weave of wool
- best for a size medium based on shoulders but please base purchase off of actual measurements to ensure a good fit
Condition: Very Good
- many rewoven patches on coat but they do all blend well but can be spotted due to a slightly different texture variation from the original weave. It does seem there are no holes with everything repaired.
- one small spot of discoloration on right sleeve shown in images
- one section of front vertical sequins don't match others (missing section was replaced with sequins from the 40s and painted gold (they shine more when flash hits them but natural light blends well), one green faux stone is missing and has a vintage green sequin in its place, another faux green stone missing and has a stone with same color as sequins
- one small hole with discoloration to inner lining
- section at back of neck where metal soutache has come unwoven pointed to in images
- one section of sequins where it looks like a dry cleaner may have slightly melted edges of sequins in one section
- shown in natural light in last two images (outside images look more lime but the camera took away some of the yellow so looks more like studio images)
- appears clean with no odors to note
Measurements: taken flat and doubled when necessary on outside of jacket
Bust - 45" (meant to be loose)
Waist - 50"
Hips - 56"
Shoulders - 15.25" (this is the measurement that makes this a medium)
Bicep - 14"
Length - 28.5"
Sleeve - 24"
- Original Kalmour Wrap
- wool outer and acetate lining
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Follow me on social media for previews, new items and promotions that only happen there.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!