40s Vintage Medium Black Velvet Metal Studded Barrel Sleeve Coat Details:
- 1940s fantastic huge push up barrel sleeve studded with metal embelishments
- top neckline button and open front
- fully lined with lining heavily lined in wool
- originally would have been for cocktail parties and other evening events during cold weather as a fur alternative
- sleeves are fully lined as well
- large shoulder pads
- best for a size small or medium based on shoulders but please base purchase off of actual measurements to ensure a good fit
Condition: Very Good
- one small hole on large sleeve pointed to in image
- slight amount of thinning to velvet in various areas pointed to on front
- worn area to back center top seam where meets neckline, small
- button was missing so replaced with vintage button
- wear to bottom edge of velvet, inner button hole has slight fraying
- appears clean with no odors to note
Measurements: taken flat and doubled when necessary on outside of jacket
Bust - 41"
Waist - 45"
Hips - 48"
Shoulders - 15.25" (this is the measurement that makes this a medium)
Bicep - open due to huge sleeve
Length - 33.5"
Sleeve - 23"
Neck opening - 16" taken on outside of coat so must be smaller
- Meyer & Hinkle Inc., Lexington, KY
- rayon velvet, heavy cotton lining, acetate lining
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Follow me on social media for previews, new items and promotions that only happen there.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!