Late 40s - mid 50s Vintage Rare Red Denim Jacket Dungaree Jeans Large Set Details:
- rare denim workwear set in a shawl collar red jacket and red denim dungarees
- jacket has back shoulder yoke, front chest pocket, shoulder pads bottom hem button tabs to pull bottom hem in for a bloused look if button is moved
- cuffs button and have multiple pleats to ensure cuffs stay up with generous amount of sleeve fabric so wouldn't get caught in machinery
- dungarees have size Conmar metal zipper topped with snap button and have copper rivets, belt loops, side pockets and back pocket
- front center original red buttons may be celluloid but not positive
- advertisement describing the company that made these was published in 1948
- shirt shown in images is not included in purchase
- best for a larger size medium or a smaller size large as waist is 30" on pants but please base purchase off of actual measurements
Condition: Very Good
- two small holes near sleeve cuff (one has small mend to it), one underarm double seam has 3 inch restitching
- some small imperfections in the weave of the denim that are like small picks
- fold marks on pant cuffs where they were folded up as this were typically worn with a few folds at least
- has not been cleaned but no odors to note
Bust - 40"
Waist - 38"
Bottom Band - 38" (if buttons move could cinch band in)
Shoulder to waist - 16" approximately
Shoulders - 15"
Sleeve - 24"
Bicep - 15.5"
Length - 23.5" (top of shoulder to front bottom hem)
Waist - 30"
Hips - 42"
Front Rise - 15"
Back Rise - 18"
Inseam - 29"
Cuff - 18"
- Fleischman's Apparel City, California Denims, Sanforized
- Pants have snap button "Over the Top Dungees" that was a brand in the 1940s until approximately the mid 50s at latest
- sanforized cotton denim
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered past noon Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Follow me on social media for previews, new items and promotions that only happen there.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!