20s Vintage Medium Black Wool Winter Coat Details:
- 1920s classic winter coat with double breast and asymmetrical front offset lower button
- wool fabric has a horizontal tight weave with two panels at back, 2 vertical side panels on each side and front panels
- upper collar button to draw one side up, inner side seam tie to draw coat in close to body for extra warmth
- faux astrakhan collar from late 1800s/early 1900s (please see condition report as this replaced a dry rotted original collar)
- beautiful tailoring to shoulders the point in with a V that 20s design was known for
- inner crepe lining has inside slit pocket but no pockets on exterior of coat
- one inner arm dry cleaning tag from either 20s or 30s
- narrow sleeve
- best for a size medium based on shoulders and biceps I believe but please base purchase off of actual measurements to ensure a good fit of a similar coat
Condition: Very Good
- originally had a curly lamb collar that was fully dry rotted so I removed and added a loop wool (faux astrakhan) stole from the late Victorian period into the Edwardian period
- some small holes in lining at underarm area shown in images
- one moth hole mend on front with tiny graze next to it shown in images
- collar has some areas of wear and missing wool loop on edges (zoom images to see)
- appears clean with no odors to note and ready to wear
Measurements: taken flat and doubled when necessary on outside of jacket with center front edges touching but not overlapping
Bust - 44"
Waist - 44"
Hips - 49"
Shoulders - no direct shoulder measurements due to cut of coat but fits like a medium with the tailoring of shoulders or maybe even possibly a small
Bicep - 15"
Length - 42"
Sleeve - 28" (where attaches to collar and runs to cuff)
Sweep - 62"
- label is missing
- wool and likely a silk lining but could also be a rayon lining, wool loop collar
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!