20s Vintage Medium Black Velvet Open Front Colorful Flower Pockets Coat Details:
- 1920s hand made open front coat of a silk blend black velvet meant to fit somewhat loose
- inner lining is rayon crepe with square pocket with velvet lined in a heavy cotton flannel
- front features double square patch pockets with a colorful array of wool floral appliqués
- front hem is V shaped and dips 4" longer than the back of the coat
- ruffled, ruched collar with two neck ties to hold it closed
- coat is meant to just meet at front
- best for a size small or medium based on shoulders and biceps but please base purchase off of actual measurements to ensure a good fit
Condition: Very Good
- floral appliqués have multiple small moth holes that blend well
- slight fray of seams at neck tie, area where neck tie attaches to neck at back, shoulder/arm seam for instance but all seems sturdy
- areas throughout where velvet doesn't shift with the rest but not hard and just vaguely visible
- a couple small discoloration spots at front pointed to in image
- appears clean with no odors to note and ready to wear
Measurements: taken flat and doubled when necessary on outside of jacket with center front edges touching but not overlapping
Bust - 42"
Waist - 65"
Hips - 52"
Shoulders - 16"
Bicep - 14
Length - 38.5"
Sleeve - 22"
Sweep - 60"
- handmade by a home seamstress it appears
- silk velvet blend so possibly some rayon fiber as well, rayon crepe lining with cotton flannel inner lining, wool colorful appliqués
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!