Vintage 20s, Early 30s Black Velvet Light Evening XL Theater Jacket Details:
- home sewn evening jacket
- wide sleeves with 4 tiered ruched piping, trimmed down entire front with same that wraps the neck
- closes with one metal hook and eye at waistline but has loops for a missing belt
- 2 pleats at each side of vertical front plackets
- unlined so not meant for very cold weather and meant to be worn over a dress or gown
- meant to blouse out if pulled in at waist
- bracelet sleeve
- sleeves are wider than cuff
- best for a size XL but please base purchase off of actual measurements to ensure a good fit
Condition: Very good
- a handful of small threadbare holes, some of these were mended
- seams at shoulders and underarms restitched
- one small dime size spot of fade at very top of front near shoulder seam
- some small areas of flattening to velvet
- hasn't been cleaned but no odors to note, presents beautifully in person
Measurements: taken flat and doubled when needed
Bust - 48" - top of raglan diagonal fabric side seam
Waist - 38"
Shoulders - 16.5"
Shoulder to Waist - 17.5"
Length - 24"
Bottom hem - 43" and ends 6" below waistline
Sleeve - 20"
Bicep - 19"
- none as made by home seamstress
- silk rayon blend
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Follow me on social media for previews, new items and promotions that only happen there.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!