1800s Antique Black Velvet Victorian Scalloped Hem Medium Ladies Waistcoat Details:
- cotton velvet exterior with polished cotton lining
- handmade with a sewing machine and hand stitching for finishing
- belt or ribbon openings to to lace belt or ribbon through to draw waist in
- (waist ribbon shown is not original and was with piece when I obtained it but made of a synthetic velvet)
- rectangular back collar that could be stood up if a scarf wrapped behind or worn over a bodice jacket
- fragile and best for study due to thread dry rot on seams and delicate nature of cotton velvet
- piped with black braided piping
Condition: fragile - for study only recommended
- the seam thread is dry rotting so if pulled could pull apart in the lining
- underarm repair with cotton thread to lining and top inch of one underarm along with down the lining seam below
- wear to mainly the velvet pile on one shoulder and flattening of pile underarms all seen in images
- lining repair with cotton thread to where it had pulled from one side along with three areas on opposite side of inner lining where the lining has pulled away from piping unrepaired pointed to with hat pins in image
- as mentioned early, ribbon included is not original to the piece for waist
- it looks like this had many more hook and eyes on the innner area of the front bodice piping but most are missing with only two lining up near waistline
- has not been cleaned but no odors
Measurements: taken with garment lying flat and some measurements doubled when needed
Bust - 40"
Waist - 42" (with ribbons fully extended)
Shoulders - 15.75"
Bottom Hem - 48.5"
Bicep - 18"
Shoulder to Waist - 16" (to midpoint of ribbon opening)
Length - 23"
- handmade so no labels
Shipping: Once a package leaves my hands with USPS or UPS it is out of my control. I do not refund if packages are lost in the mail or do not arrive in the expected time as this is beyond my control. I try to ship the day of an order or the next day if ordered Sunday - Friday but must wait until Monday to ship packages ordered Saturday or Sunday.
Follow me on social media for previews, new items and promotions that only happen there.
Please see my return policy prior to purchasing along with my info on vintage fitting and sizing. Layaway unavailable for first 30 days an item is newly listed. Thanks so much for looking. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping and may the vintage goddesses and gods always shine down on you!