Vintage 70s Bishop Sleeve Sweetheart Neckline Medium Large Wedding Dress Details:
- romantic billowy nylon tricot outer dress fully lined
- full length inner sleeve accents
- sweetheart neckline with illusion shoulders and back upper shoulders
- a true white with the lace a hint of a different white
- bodice has glued faux pearls and sequins original to the dress
- full skirt
- train extends approximately 72" from back waist and trains 2 feet once touching ground
- tiered alecon lace skirt bottom accented with accordion pleat bottom ruffle
- train bustles with underskirt featuring a wrist strap option
- would likely have had a full length crinoline under it to keep it fuller
- shown with Kraft paper cardstock in some images to show sleeve in better detail
- dress is for a taller women as shown on dress form where base of neck to floor is 62" (this would shorten with a full crinoline)
- matching veil available for purchase separately
- best for a larger medium to a smaller large as waist is max 30" tight
Closure: back center nylon zipper
Decade: mid to late 1970s
Material: 90 % nylon, 20% cotton less embellishments and trim
Brand/label/care: union label used after 72/73, care instructions, vintage size 16 but fits much smaller than modern 16 so base purchase off of actual measurements, RN number that matches Alfred Angelo, style numbers, etc.
Condition: Very Good
- a couple repairs to lace pointed to in images, bottom ruffle tier repaired around 10 inches where had separated from under netting, a couple tiny pin holes in underskirt, one small area of hand cuff has slight discoloration pointed to (if I hadn't cleaned it from a much darker spot it would never be noticeable), underskirt had multiple dark stains where drug on floor at reception but I can't see them anymore after cleaning), may have gotten a couple of scuffs on underside of skirt when photographing but I was extremely careful to avoid this
- will need a professional steam when buyer receives item as it will be wrinkled from shipment
- clean and ready to wear
Measurements: (taken flat and doubled when needed)
Bust - 40" max
Waist - 30" tight (best for 28 - 29")
Hips - open
Shoulder to Waist - 16.5"
Shoulder - 15.5"
Length - 62” (top of shoulder to bottom front hem)
Sleeve - 26” (fitted inner sleeve to where nylon meets ruffle
Train is 72" across sides on ground where it hits ground and 72" approximately from waist
Please ask if any questions by using the live chat feature or sending an email.