Vintage 40s Black Soutache Trim Puff Shoulder Large XL Dress Details:
- black rayon crepe fabric
-faux front jet buttons
- soutache trim made to do look like suit but just a dress
- slightly ruched back from ease of movement
- tiny upper bodice pocket
- small puff shoulders
- 3/4 sleeves
- gored skirt
- best for a larger size large or smaller XL
Closure - side button placket, hook and eye at top center of bodice
Decade: Early 1940s
Material: rayon crepe, jet buttons down front
Brand/label/care: no labels
Condition: Very Good
- belt loops but belt missing
- 3 small patches - 2 on upper bodice under soutache, one on side of vertical bodice soutache
- repair to soutache where the cord had come unraveled above one of the repairs
- one area of rayon crepe discoloration on back bodice
- super slight underarm crinkling to crepe
- original buttons were missing so added 1940s new old stock jet buttons (included in purchase are 2 original buttons that were on dress that. They look similar but not exact)
- has not been cleaned but no odors
Measurements: (taken flat and doubled when needed)
Bust - 40"
Waist - 33”
Hips - 42"
Shoulder to Waist - 15.5 - 16" (to area between belt loops)
Length - 41”
Sweep - 59”
Hem allowance: 1"
Sleeve inseam- 11.5"
Bicep - 14"