Vintage 30s Green Adaptation Vionnet Paris Size Small Afternoon Dress Details:
- numerous flaws so please read full description and sold AS IS (it will be up to the buyer to restore this as they best see fit)
- green crepe like main body with gored skirt and bloused bodice
- large belled sleeves
- illusion dramatic embroidered mesh neckline and sleeve trim
- back keyhole cutout
- Vionnet was known for her V shapes in her fashion and this dress shows that with the neckline and sleeve design
- seam under bustline comes below bust and above natural waist with the area above top gored seams being where the natural waist would be and the belt should go
- best for a small but please see hip measurements and that this currently has to slip over head with no opening other than neckline opening
Closure - neckline hook and eye but no other closure (originally had snap side closure and belt but snap closure sewn up and belt missing)
Material: rayon main body with rayon mesh and cotton embroidery
Brand/label/care: Adaptation Vionnet Paris, (where side closure was, copyright label with number 119700 on it but was sewn over when side was closed)
- dress has old alterations where it was taken in full length of side seams and sleeves twice, when taken in, snap side closure was sewn up and snaps removed
- underarm discoloration in a few spots pointed to in images, some other spots of discoloration on arm and front body of dress
- dress possibly was originally an evening gown and taken up to below the knees
- a handful of pinholes with a couple of them on then back neckline with old darns
- one small section of the hemline was down and I restitched it along with reinforcing the corners of the neckline where it had old tucks that were coming unstitched
- seam stress on side seams below hips (worst being 1.5ml wide)
- rust on back neck keyhole hook and eye along with an old snag area where hook missed eye and hooked embroidered mesh instead
- embroidery colors have faded from what they originally would have been but still shows up bold due to the design
- If it were me, I would open the side again to add snap buttons again.
- clean, ready to wear
Measurements: (taken flat and doubled when needed)
Bust - 38"
Waist - 29”
Hips - 37"
Shoulder to Waist - 16.5" (meant to slightly blouse)
Length - 43”
Sweep - 42” (with kick pleats pulled in)
Hem allowance: 3"
Sleeve - 26" approximately from edge of neckline mesh to outer edge of cuff
Cuff - 15"